Baby, It is cold outside. We hope you are staying toasty by the fire.
Here is a deep thought while you are staying warm:
Purchasing a home in 2018!
What a worthy goal!
Here are our recommended items to mull over.
- Do I have any resources for a down payment? Such as savings, investment accounts, cash value in life insurance, gift from a relative, sale of current home, etc.
- What is my ideal mortgage payment? Are you comfortable with your current rent amount?
- Do I need to sell my current home? If so, what do I need to do to get ready?
- How long do I think I will be in this home?
- Where would I like to live? What type of home has the most appeal?
- Am I to maintain a home? Do I want a yard?
There are so many variables. The most important step is assembling a team of experts to help you.
- A mortgage lender. You must be pre-qualified before you begin. They will want to know many of the answers to your “deep thoughts”! They will guide you on choosing the best mortgage for your goals.
- Real Estate Agent. I cannot stress how important it is to have this resource. They will be your advocate and negotiator.
These two will recommend other experts needed, such as, inspectors and attorneys.
So stay warm and dream!